Quality Auto Parts - Wrong Part

19 of 59 Quality Auto Parts reviews

I ordered a side view mirror from Quality Auto. Upon arrival, my mechanic disassembled the door panel to learn that the electrical connectors did not match, it was for the wrong model or year. He put the car back together, then called Quality Auto to explain the problem. They said that in order to return it, they'd have to have pictures to prove that it was the wrong part, otherwise a Return Authorization # wouldn't be issued. He took the car apart again just so he could take pictures. We received the Return Authorization # via email, along with a long list of instructions that had to be followed in order to receive a refund or replacement. One of the items on the list was that I had to click a link in the email to the UPS tracking number. The link didn't work. Cutting and pasting it to a browser didn't work either.

After almost a week of not hearing from them regarding a replacement, I called them and sat on hold for 45 minutes before a customer service rep picked up the phone. I explained the issue with the link and she took it over the phone. I also explained that since I had found a replacement part, so I wanted a refund. She said, "we have it now". I said I wanted a refund, not only for the part but also the $21.84 that I had to pay UPS to send the part back. She agreed to cancel the order and issue a refund once they received the part but refused to reimburse the shipping charges.

Because they shipped the wrong part, not only did I lose $21.84 in shipping, but also the mechanic fees to take the car apart twice. I highly recommend avoiding this company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 59 Quality Auto Parts reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.